Two Dust collectors--serial or parallel
I have two DC, rated at 2 and 1.5 HPs.

Would it be better to connect in serial (discharge going to suction of the other) or in parallel suction of both at the same place/machine? 

If serial is better, should I connect the more powerful one upstream or downstream?
I have had 2 bigger DC units for a long time. I also have had a pretty large shop area. I just direct connect the DC to the machine I am using. I keep the 2HP unit near the TS, Jointer, Planer, and wide belt sander, which are grouped together. I have a 1 1/2 HP over by the BS's, and over that way I also have an Oscillating sander, and do routing, RO sanding, and most everything else. I do have shop vac type DC's on my Power miter box, and one on a router table. I have no cost in pipe, no worry about cleaning out a logjam, and I have never seen that having it all hooked together was any quicker for me. You just need to make your tools DC chute easily accessible to the DC itself, and whatever tubing you are running off of it. Quick connect M/F connects, with a short run off the tool so you don't need to go crawling around to get hooked up, and I can do that as quick as anyone can can walk over and flip open a gate. Now the folks with electric gates, yeah they beat me, but I can afford to buy wood
Big Grin

Now for those who have a mile of duct, or pipe laying on their floor. I think that's crazy, such a trip hazard. But that's just me maybe?

Welcome to the forum.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You'll get more flow in parallel because each is using its own exhaust, so that would be my vote if you want to have only one trunk line. 

John