Vfd for lathe
I agree, the link is safe.  My totally uneducated guess is they are trying to boost their Google search result by increasing links to their product information.
a mod should delete the link and leave the question.

I just bought a 5hp Huan Yang from ebay for my metal lathe.  There's no way I can justify a German VFD for my hobby.  Most people get good service from the HY Vfd's.  I was looking at getting some Automation direct VFDs for an application at work, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with servomotors for that project.  Automation Direct VFDs used to be the choice of hobbyists before HY showed up.
I used to spend hours looking for a used VFD on ebay and trying to figure out if it would work.  If my recent purchase doesn't work out, I might go back to that.  Hopefully it will be fine. Not like this is really taking any business away from the high-price VFD companies, they don't really care about us anyway.
My Problematic 4224 had the shaft on the motor snap off, and it was out of warranty, so no help there. I took the motor to a local shop and he laughed when I said it was a 3hp lathe motor. (the low amp rating gave it away) He asked me to check out the specs on the VFD powering it, and sure it enough, it said max output is 2hp, the same VFD as on the 20" model. 
Upset 

I picked up an actual 3hp motor (Baldor) used on eBay, and bought a new Weg CFW-10. It was pretty easy to set up, and does work, but it's noisy (sort of a high pitch squeel) and lower RPM is sort of notchy, not smooth. Drove me nuts while turning. 
No I can stand it enough for my drill press that has the old lathe motor powering it. (plenty of power, and no more belt swapping for speed changes 
Yes ) 

The original 2hp VFD is powering my 3hp replacement motor, and I can still stall it out pretty easily if I get too aggressive. I'm all ears if anyone finds a deal on a quiet, smooth replacement.
If it is noisy, you might want to look at the switching frequency parameter which is P297.
Larry
My Baldor was a little annoying, but I never bothered to change the frequency.  The fan is going to be annoying anyway on most of them