When Stars Work Wood
This is one of Sir Paul that I had not seen before.  I stumbled onto it while browsing links associated with Skelton Saws:

I've also read a few times that Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple) enjoys carpentry more than singing.

There have been a few other odd mentions over the years, would like to remember more, but will open it up to the fanatics here to comment!

Chris
Chris
And back in the 50's and 60's I think it was there was an actor who quite acting to become a full time woodworker after other actors gave him so much work that he started his own company.  Found this that talks about several others:  Link

John
Andy Rooney, Jimmy Carter...Harrison Ford started out as a carpenter, but I'm not sure if he continued doing woodworking after his movie career took off.

There's a scene in "Witness," when Ford is helping to raise a barn in Amish country, where he demonstrates that he knows his way around a hammer.
Mark Harmon "Jetro" on NCIS is seldom seen out and about, but when he is it's often at a tool sale. Early on was a carpenter.

Nick Offerman woodworking history, and Bio he was into it before the acting took hold.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-31-2017, 03:13 PM)Steve N Wrote: Mark Harmon "Jetro" on NCIS is seldom seen out and about, but when he is it's often at a tool sale. Early on was a carpenter.

Nick Offerman woodworking history, and Bio he was into it before the acting took hold.

I enjoyed Nick Offerman's book; "Gumption".
They make left-handed saws?

Uhoh
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-31-2017, 04:00 PM)AHill Wrote: They make left-handed saws?

Uhoh

Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.
Singer song writer Guy Clark built guitars.  Megan did an interview with him a few years before he passed away.

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
(03-31-2017, 05:28 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.

I hate those left handed pencils--they make my letters slant the wrong way! But I found that if I cut the eraser off and sharpened the other end, they were OK.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(03-31-2017, 05:28 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.

I paid extra for the ambidextrous ones.

When I gouge my right hand, I can now use my left hand until I gouge it too, then I know it's break time.
Wink