When Stars Work Wood

This is one of Sir Paul that I had not seen before.  I stumbled onto it while browsing links associated with Skelton Saws:

I've also read a few times that Ian Gillan (of Deep Purple) enjoys carpentry more than singing.

There have been a few other odd mentions over the years, would like to remember more, but will open it up to the fanatics here to comment!

Chris
Chris
  Re: When Stars Work Wood by C. in Indy (This is one of Sir P...)
And back in the 50's and 60's I think it was there was an actor who quite acting to become a full time woodworker after other actors gave him so much work that he started his own company.  Found this that talks about several others:  Link

John
Andy Rooney, Jimmy Carter...Harrison Ford started out as a carpenter, but I'm not sure if he continued doing woodworking after his movie career took off.

There's a scene in "Witness," when Ford is helping to raise a barn in Amish country, where he demonstrates that he knows his way around a hammer.
Mark Harmon "Jetro" on NCIS is seldom seen out and about, but when he is it's often at a tool sale. Early on was a carpenter.

Nick Offerman woodworking history, and Bio he was into it before the acting took hold.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(03-31-2017, 04:13 PM)Steve N Wrote: Mark Harmon "Jetro" on NCIS is seldom seen out and about, but when he is it's often at a tool sale. Early on was a carpenter.

Nick Offerman woodworking history, and Bio he was into it before the acting took hold.

I enjoyed Nick Offerman's book; "Gumption".
"There are no strangers- only friends I haven't met.
They make left-handed saws?

Uhoh
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-31-2017, 05:00 PM)AHill Wrote: They make left-handed saws?

Uhoh

Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.
Singer song writer Guy Clark built guitars.  Megan did an interview with him a few years before he passed away.

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
(03-31-2017, 06:28 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.

I hate those left handed pencils--they make my letters slant the wrong way! But I found that if I cut the eraser off and sharpened the other end, they were OK.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(03-31-2017, 06:28 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Not only that, but all my chisels and bench planes are left-handed.  And hammers.  I even found a box of left-handed pencils, which I am hoarding.

I paid extra for the ambidextrous ones.

When I gouge my right hand, I can now use my left hand until I gouge it too, then I know it's break time. Wink
"There are no strangers- only friends I haven't met.