Domino "knock off"
Not a handheld mortiser, but it has some features of the domino.  It drills dual dowel holes.

Triton TDJ600 Doweling Joiner
[url=http://www.rockler.com/triton-tdj600-doweling-joiner?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=CjwKCAjw5PDLBRB0EiwAh-27MuI0qBQ4DwVxiCUpDxDZnSx-ef45D3cKOd2V1nDxLPDs-bLwgQW3lBoCousQAvD_BwE][/url]
A DIY clone is an option too.

I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I've never even seen one, but if Triton continues on their current path, they are gonna wreck Festool and their high margin green tools. I think that might be a good thing too. I love a competitive marketplace. I own 3 of their routers, and a pair of their 20v drill combo's with (2) 4 Amp hour batteries, for prices not far above HF junk, and all of them kick buttocks.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I waited and waited for something that would do the job a Domino can do and they almost never show up used, so I finally gave up and got one. It is everything I expected to to be and any accuracy errors must be operator induced. It is very simple to use but has so many cool little extra features that it will take a long to fully master.
Earl