Dewalt 788 scroll saw question
I picked one of these up at an auction. It's missing the blower tube which I understand is made by Loc Line. My question is which size kit do I need: the 1/4" or the 1/2"? My gut feeling is it's the 1/4" but I thought I would ask someone who owns one. Also from what I'm reading, it's the dickens to put on. Any advice on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks! Papa Jim
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Get on YouTube, Guinnette Woodworkers page.  They have a man there who made a multi part video of complete overhaul of that saw.  You can probably contact him if your question is not answered in the videos.
RP
https://youtu.be/bNt2Y0ajDwk
(04-06-2017, 06:47 AM)RPE1 Wrote: Get on YouTube, Guinnette Woodworkers page.  They have a man there who made a multi part video of complete overhaul of that saw.  You can probably contact him if your question is not answered in the videos.
RP
https://youtu.be/bNt2Y0ajDwk

Good Advise,
great saw BTY.
Got mine in a similar fashion sans air hose. Got it from M&M Tool since I had a few other parts to order. Tip: heat the part that attaches to the saw; it won't just press on.
What size?  1/4" or 1/2"?
I don't dunno - I just order the part from the parts diagram.

What's does your size refer to OD or ID?
(04-05-2017, 06:08 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: I picked one of these up at an auction. It's missing the blower tube which I understand is made by Loc Line. My question is which size kit do I need: the 1/4" or the 1/2"? My gut feeling is it's the 1/4" but I thought I would ask someone who owns one. Also from what I'm reading, it's the dickens to put on. Any advice on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks! Papa Jim

First thing is, there is a type 1 saw, and a type 2, and some of the parts are different. I'd contact DeWalley and ask them. they will want the serial number to know which it is. Mine is a type one, and it is 1/4", but I can't guarantee that is yours.

Link to contact DeWalley it's usually faster then a phone call, plus they don't like phones I guess
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(04-09-2017, 06:19 PM)cvillewood Wrote: I don't dunno - I just order the part from the parts diagram.

What's does your size refer to OD or ID?

Yeah, I should have realized that when you mentioned M & M.  I was just trying to save a few bucks by buying generic. I have a type two but I'm fairly certain the nozzle is 1/4" (ID). I'm going to go ahead and order and take my chances.
I think you're safe ordering the 1/4".  I used to have a type 2 and have used a couple type 1's.  I never noticed any difference in the size of the blower tube.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?