Router in TS wing question
I've got the long extension table on a Grizzly1023 TS. For years I've had my router insert at the far end of the table but that leaves me a little cramped on that end with a bunch of other shop junk behind me. I also thought I'd slide my TS fence down there and clamp my RT fence to it, but that extension wing is really just a junk collector so that fence never made it down there and I now mount the RT fence to T tracks recessed in the extension.

Anyway, anyone have their router plate mounted towards the front of the saw (right of the blade) so you'd be running your stock parallel to the front rail? I guess in this orientation, I'd have to move the TS fence all the way left or completely remove it (and keep my extension table pretty clean)

Paul
JME based on the way I work:

routers in tablesaw wings are inefficient and in the way all the time. 

I tried for over a year to make one work and only found one good way. 

build a router table that can roll under the right side table extension 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

When I made the right extension table for my uni, it was designed to accomodate a router & lift. Figured it would make a good second router table.

Never been able to convince myself it was a good idea and follow through with it.

Ed
Here's a picture I bookmarked a few years ago which shows what I think you are asking.

http://www.routerforums.com/attachments/...sion-2.jpg
I have had a Benchdog CI router table installed on my TS for years and it has never gotten in the way and gives me an extra 26 inches of table surface on the left of the blade. I just remove the router table fence.

[Image: IMGP0005_zps3d88787f.jpg]
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

[Image: 7-4-11001.jpg]

This is how mine is setup and it's never in the way. I can't remember the last time I had to remove the fence for the router in order to make a cut on the table saw.
[Image: 7-4-11002_zps9f1d2d7f.jpg]
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
I have the Bench Dog wing to the right of my blade. 
However, I route in the same way that I rip on the tablesaw.
Not exactly what you are asking.
In my opinion, this is the best arrangement I ever have had.
I had the standalone router table.
I had a router table on slides underneath another table to save space. It saved space and I could pull it out easy, but it is too low to the ground so it hurt my back to use it.. Maybe that is ok for a younger person.

The router table on the saw never gets in the way.. All you have to do is lower it down when you are using the tablesaw.
The free standing router table got in the way a lot more often.
Adding the router table to the left or right side is a personal choice.
I added mine to the left because it increased my TS surface on that side of the blade to 26".
The right side of the blade already had plenty of room, 38".
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green