Removing the bluing from 1095 steel
I ask this question before, but have lost the post. Their is a way to clean 1095 using solvents.  

Thanks
I always used plain old 5% vinegar at 100% solution. Soak for 20 min then wipe- soak again 20 minutes and wipe until all is gone, then dry well.
Worked well on the guns before getting them "Parkerized" which is better protection.
Muratic acid is the fastest. Wipe the blue right off, then clean with water and dry. Those maroon or gray pads for metal will finish it up. Also there is a product called "Krud Remover", found at the Borgs, that contains phosphoric acid. This will also take the blue off. A lot Safer, but not as fast. Then there is citric acid. I never cared much for it. Too slow.
Best wishes.
BontzSawWorks.net
I was thinking it was muriatic acid but wasn't shure.
You might use the muriatic acid outside. The fumes you can't see will hurt/corrode the other metals on your tools in the shop as well as your lungs. This is why I quit using it or even storing it in the shop. Phosphoric acid is a little safer or Navel Jelly.