Olde Arn bandsaw refresh
(04-08-2017, 09:05 PM)Steve N Wrote: My only question is how did you get all of those photos on one post? I've never been able to get a 4th one since the new software.

They upped the limit in the software to 30; I bump up against it from time to time.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh didn't know that.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(04-08-2017, 05:09 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Looks great!  

So have you gotten to use it much yet?  How does it cut?

Not really done a lot with it, this weekend I resawed a couple of red oak boards, one about 8" and one about 5", also did some general curve cutting and simple cuts.  All was done with a 'normal' 3/8" blade, did not bother to swap to the resaw blade. 

Saw was super smooth on all, it did bog down a bit with the 8" resaw and in fact I tripped the breaker once. The cut was pretty consistent, but had a slight taper to it - I'll attribute that to user error and spend more time dialing it in.

My other bandsaw is a Chinese made delta 14" saw, and not surprisingly, this one is decidedly smoother and quieter.
Beautiful job.  Was this your first restore?   If you are looking around for other machines now, you have discovered "The Slope".    Only cure I've found for that is not having enough floor space, that seems to put a damper on it.
(04-10-2017, 06:04 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Beautiful job.  Was this your first restore?   If you are looking around for other machines now, you have discovered "The Slope".    Only cure I've found for that is not having enough floor space, that seems to put a damper on it.

^^^This.

Now that I will have a bigger shop, next on *my* list is an edge sander.  Maybe a second band saw.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-10-2017, 09:21 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: ^^^This.

Now that I will have a bigger shop, next on *my* list is an edge sander.  Maybe a second band saw.

Was my first power restoration - while it was a fun project, it was a means to an end, having a larger band saw.  I don't foresee me doing additional restorations for the sake of restoration.  But as a way to fill in equipment gaps, such as a jointer, sure. 

Now, no one is allowed to quote me on this.  
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
You did a really nice job on that saw.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Well done and nice paint job.  Thanks for sharing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice rehab.

Here is mine:

[Image: DSCF1047.JPG]

Not as nicely decorated as yours, but it's AWESOME!
chris