Recommendation for Lie Nielsen bench planes
IMHO they should have an engraved logo on the chipbreakers.  I have old planes such records, craftsmans and a couple others that do.  LN makes sexy planes that are being duplicated and it's hard to tell them apart due to the generic look.  Yeah, I know it has nothing to do with performance, but a 325 dollar bench plane deserves a distinct logo, not just the one stamped on the blade.   Just one man's opinion.  
Smile
His name is cast into the bed of the plane as well.
Ricky, I think you meant to say that you think the lever cap should have a logo of some type.  Chip breakers are usually unmarked.  Lie-Nielsen chose to use a lanished (brushed) finish on their lever caps rather than have a logo.  Their block planes have a logo cast in, but the rest of the lever cap is rough cast, with a smooth polished area where the user's palm rests.  Design elements are a matter of personal preference.  When LN started their product line there were no imitators.  The look of their product was very distinctive.  I look at the copies as compliments / ripoffs, depending on my mood, but not equivalents.
(04-10-2017, 01:34 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Ricky, I think you meant to say that you think the lever cap should have a logo of some type.  Chip breakers are usually unmarked.  Lie-Nielsen chose to use a lanished (brushed) finish on their lever caps rather than have a logo.

Thanks Mike.. You're right, I meant lever cap...
Wink
Totally Disagree.

One of my favorite features of these planes is their simple appearance. 

Then again, i guess i could care less what they do with the planes in the future.  I've already purchased all of the ones i will ever use in my lifetime.
Go ahead and change 'em.  It'll just make mine collector's items.
Smile