Walk about trip
Took a Walk about  downtown yesterday....stopped in at an Antique store/mall..just to see IF anything new had arrived......nope.   While walking out the door, noticed another shop across the street was actually ..OPEN!

Asked the sales Lady  IF there was any rusty old tools?    She had a few near the back, some on shelves, some on the floor...asked out that  rusty old Dunlap,,,,"$7"    Hmmmm, kept looking....  Now it was at $5. .....

Walked back home for the needed cash, and walked back down there.    She handed me my "treasure"  all nicely bagged up..
This is what followed me home..

Handsome fellow, ain't he?
Wink

Had to rest up from all that walking....then off we go..

Less than 2 hours in the Rehab Shop

The iron still had the factory grind....honed it to 400 grit..

Plane is a 1951 Dunlap, made by Sargent, sold at Sears.   A #3 sized plane, smooth sole. Might just be worth that $5?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Back in the day, Sears sold some quality planes by good makers.  A keen eye for quality manufacture and features can get you some bargains, as here.  Unfortunately, uninformed or inattentive buyers can get burned, as Dunlop branded planes had some real stinkers.  BTDT, as I was uninformed and perhaps inattentive, albeit 25 years ago, I've learned since.........
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The proof is in the shavings. That's a good score at Big Mac prices.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Hope you use it more than it has been the last 65 years.
Laugh