Wen 12" lathe?
I can pick up one that's new in box for under $200. Most of these are pretty much the same as others just in a different color like most tools. That said is it worth picking up at that price? 

I haven't used a lathe that small as when I did lathe work it was on one of a couple old rockwells with that horrible rotary speed control knob that I used a bungee cord to keep it from auto adjusting and a couple old powermatics(neither were really that good of a machine).  

I would like to be able to make some small stuff here and there though ie tool handles etc. I have no interest whatsoever in making pens or owning them as I type everything these days....
IMHO, anything with the "Wen" name that I've ever seen was curb fodder......

Ed
(04-12-2017, 09:57 PM)EdL Wrote: IMHO, anything with the "Wen" name that I've ever seen was curb fodder......

Ed

True I have always thought the same of what wen used to be but wen hasn't existed for many years and is just a name slapped onto products like lots of other names that are only licenced but haven't existed as a manufacturing entity in many decades ie Westinghouse. 

The dust filter with their name on it is the same unit that is sold under many other names including grizzly etc just different color.
Robert

I would ask that question in the Turning forum.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.