How long should polyurethane cure?
I built a couple of benches for my daughter's house.  They are going to be placed next to the back door where the Grandkids will sit and tie their shoes, toss their coats and backpacks on them, and generally be rough with them.  

[Image: IMG_0633_zpsfbhfeiwy.jpg]

It's been 4 days since the final coat of polyurethane and they're fully dry to the touch. I have them sitting in my garage waiting to be delivered but am wondering if waiting a few more days would be to my advantage? 

Mike
It wouldn't hurt a thing to wait another couple of days,varnish takes a very long time to fully cure. But to be honest it's usually cured enough after 4 days for all but the very roughest treatment, at least in my experience. Some of it has to do with just how thick the finish is, I'd say anything more than 3 regular coats will do well with some more time.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I would think your okay, if you cant smell it it is pretty much cured.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I'd set them in the sun for a day so any u/v reaction will occur & harden the finish completely. But that's just me.
Thanks for the responses guys.  I appreciate it. 
Cool

Mike