Loading up the big tools
Aram good luck in your new local ! I won't even say-------------- go Pens!  
Big Grin

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(04-16-2017, 05:23 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: Aram good luck in your new local ! I won't even say-------------- go Pens!  
Big Grin

Thanks! Yeah, your guys have a great shot this year. Someone better rattle the Shark cage, or we're going out in the first round!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Good luck Aram with the move. It was good working with you over the last 15 years.

Vijay
Good to see a uhaul worked. When we moved in rented a dock truck with a lift gate. They are common in my area...and I was able to get everything on myself with minimal effort. I'll never use anything but a dock truck to move my shop again.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I used PODS when I moved all my machine tools. Much easier than U-Haul. Only thing to consider is making sure you have a decent load distribution. I think the max is 100 psf.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
(04-25-2017, 07:36 PM)SteveS Wrote: I used PODS when I moved all my machine tools. Much easier than U-Haul. Only thing to consider is making sure you have a decent load distribution. I think the max is 100 psf.

A friend used those once and they were quite pricey compared to a moving company in his case but he wanted to pack it all. 100 psf wouldn't allow much loaded in each unit.... basically one maybe two boxes high of my junk. My hardware alone would be a ton... 

I'm thinking shipping container. Load it up and have someone haul it. The problem is I don't know of any service that can pick up and drop off a loaded one. Empty is easy, loaded not so much. I do t think a 40' one would do it anyway...