Where to get decent Red Cedar near St Louis
I want to make some outdoor garden stuff, including the Garden Tower featured in the latest Woodsmith, and I can't find decent quality Red Cedar anywhere. Everything that I find is mega-knot city. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David
Check on prices of 1C White Oak. Sometimes it is less than WRC, and certainly more robust.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
All of the eastern redcedar we saw is knotty. That seems to be what grows around here. Not sure why a few knots would upset garden grade projects but there are plenty of better grade woods for whatever you want to make. I just made a compost bin of black locust that will way outlast one of redcedar. It's only money.

Western cedar is imported into St. Louis and I have seen large clear boards at places like Beyers on Olive.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure