Swirl remover for shellac?
After sanding to 12,000 grit with micro mesh and hand buffing with some Behlen's polish, I've got the sheen I want from the finish. However, I do have some very small linear (or circular, depending on how I buff) scratch marks that are quite noticeable under light. I've seen on youtube that people use Maguire's swirl remover on lacquered instruments, but will this work on hardened shellac as well? I just don't want to ruin the finish. And as I've said before, I don't want to use my electric polisher for this project since it's a VERY thin, large drum shell, so I'm doing this by hand. Some have suggested trying french polishing, but to be honest I'd rather stick to polishing out the finish like you would with any other clearcoat. Any product recommendations for shellac-friendly swirl remover?
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
i use maguire's on shellac finish - usually i have applied 8-10 coats - rubbed in pretty well - then maquire's - and then buffed out with black bison wax.
jerry
Great, thanks! I'll go for that stuff, then.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
just a note - i let the shellac harden up for a few days before i use the maquires.
jerry
Have you considered not using micro-mesh but using 1200 grit paper instead? It might no leave the swirls as bad. Good, sharp, clean abrasive will not leave swirls. I do a lot of sanding and I rarely sand below 320 with a ROS. Anything finer than 320, I block sand by hand. No swirls. 

Another reality about swirls. They are usually caused by clogged sand-paper or clogged mesh in your case. You only need one little speck to cause a swirl. If you are sanding dry, slow down the sander. The last thing you want to do is to heat your finish. That softens it. Soft finished clog abrasives. Fast speeds create too much friction and heat. Pressing too hard does also. Use just enough pressure to cut. Soft finish gums your abrasive...... and causes swirls. I don't even like sanding in direct sunlight because it heats the finish. Ideally, you want the finish to be hard and your abrasive clean and sharp.

A trick of the trade: Buy some cheap 2" Harbor Freight "chip brushes". Cut the bristles down to about 1/2" and use the stiff bristles to clean out your abrasive. I brush out my abrasive every 30 seconds or so. It's that important. You'll never see me dry sanding without a chip brush in my hand. Not only will your work look better and you will sand faster but you'll get a lot more life out of your abrasives and save money too.

I used to get swirls all the time. Using these techniques, I never get swirls now. Never, never, never.

Slow down to speed up.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay