Stoo
anybody know what happened to him?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

As I recall (Shtoo) Stu's business took off well enough that he no longer had time to hang out here. We also lost several regulars during the software switch.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(04-18-2017, 07:47 PM)cputnam Wrote: As I recall (Shtoo) Stu's business took off well enough that he no longer had time to hang out here.  We also lost several regulars during the software switch.

Well yes, that is true

And also someone not that well acquainted with Stu said something not very complimentary about his business not being appropriate here... hmm, lots of "nots" in there
Skip

As I recall, he frequently got dumped on for his opinions on sharpening, so I'm not surprised he stopped posting.
Jason

The correct username was Schtoo, and his last post was July 2013 - long before the software switch.  As stated before, his business and other interests probably consumed more of his time.  In the latter days, he did get a bit snippy.  This forum has a knack of attracting self-proclaimed experts who will challenge experts like Schtoo.  I think he probably felt he had enough to say and just moved on.  His real name is Stu Tierney, if I recall.  I don't know that there was a more informed waterstone expert than Schtoo.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Looks like we need to put Schtoo's name in the Bob Smalser column.
(04-19-2017, 12:40 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Looks like we need to put Schtoo's name in the Bob Smalser column.

Mmm. yes that was an interesting exchange with Mike W.

Kinda miss both of them...
Skip

Ditto, I miss them, and several others who's opinions and expertise I highly regarded. I bought several stones from Schtoo's site, and he's never steered me wrong.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I'm here for the popcorn handouts.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I actually followed his sharpening stone suggestions and was very pleased with the results.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite