Pickings were ....skimpy
And a bit more than I planned on spending...

8 chisels....$15
Rolleyes
The three red handled ones? Millers Falls, used to be in a No. 106 set..didn't see the others..

Then there are three older Buck Brothers chisel, a Spear & Jackson out chanel gouge, and a fancy handled Schmidt & Co.

Two of the BB chisels are octagon handled, oval bolster,  third one has a round handle, brass ferrel.

Still trying to dig up info on the S&J, and the Schmidt..
Confused ..not sure what I've got.   Maybe next Tuesday, I can walk back down to that store, and shop a bit more?
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I gave up rust hunting around here. People here think they have something extremely valuable because it's old.
Or, it's valuable because someone who had no idea told them it was.

Or, they have no clue & ask a ton of money because they're greedy.
These were almost ready to go, barely needed honed.   Shined up one brass part.    Less than $2 per chisel.....
(04-19-2017, 09:41 AM)Herb G Wrote: I gave up rust hunting around here. People here think they have something extremely valuable because it's old.
Or, it's valuable because someone who had no idea told them it was.

Or, they have no clue & ask a ton of money because they're greedy.
Bingo!!!!!! Same here!!!
Yes
Yes ..Like the blind leading the blind!!!!!!!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Good idea!..
Yes ..Leaves more for me......
Laugh

Sometimes, IF you pick it up, hem & haw after they say a price, set it back down, and go to walk away......might be surprised  how much a price will drop....BTDT
Cool 

Have also found places that not only sell old tools and such...they WILL buy or trade items as well......traded a couple old worn out all wood jack planes..for. a.. Type 10 Stanley No. 6c......no cash was needed...also got a Disston No. 4  11ppi 14" backsaw thrown into the deal....saw even had all of it's etches still readable....

Big Grin

Cool

Rookies.....
No
Too many people walking around with an eBay app on their smart phone. Old tools are getting crazy high.