Got bored today
And decided to work on a $1 saw I have had for a while...actually bought three  saws last year....one was a plastic handled Atkins..Meh

Second one was a wood handled Disston/HK Porter crosscut.    Blacksilk screen "etch"  appears to say "Journeyman"

Meh.  
Rolleyes  Not the best on the block.   As for number 3.....it's handle was a plain version, and just  as blocky as this one.   No hanger hole, though..
Wink

Took the handle off the plate, cleaned both.   Sanded down the sharp edge on the handle, until it felt better in the hands.   Hardware was polished up..

Handle was given a coat of "wipe on, wipe off"  Witch's Brew....So, how did this other saw turn out?

The medallion side, with the more rounded edges..

Back side, showing the clocked screws.   and the entire saw?

Not too bad.   8ppi, 26" long crosscut.   Disston  USA.   Still trying to see an etch...

See what happens, when I get bored?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Good job. Another saw saved from those infernal "daisy painters".
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Bandit

Someday I will buy a Rip and Crosscut saws for us.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well, the second saw will get used as a Rip saw

Very late model Disston/HK Porter 8 ppi,26" long saw

Went over the teeth with a file...not enough set for cross cutting, but, just the right amount for a rip cut....
Saw is now in the til....
First saw was a T-1 Townsman 1955 after HK Porter bought out Henry D.

Second saw is a C-1 Countryside  made a bit later than the first saw.

Both are 26" long, straight back, 8 ppi saws. 

About all the info I have on these two saws..