A gloat at last
[Image: images.jpg]

BIG TIME.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Sometimes you just fall into it. Such stuff never happens to me....
No
Upset
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
In 28 years of hunting rust, this happened to me only twice, but with handtools...... but I still keep looking for that honey pot.....

Great find Dave, but you did put some work into it, so good for you.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Great score. That saw looks like a beaut after you cleaned it up. Worth more than $300 by itself, then to think you got paid to take it away! Gloat indeed!
I hope the know it all now knows how dumb he really is.  It looks like that poor saw went thru a lot and looks like it was never cleaned.
No

Good for you tho.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Cool beans!
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-24-2017, 01:00 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I hope the know it all now knows how dumb he really is.  It looks like that poor saw went thru a lot and looks like it was never cleaned.
No

Good for you tho.
Yes

I don't think the know-it-all ever used it!
Semper fi,
Brad

Looks like a real nice haul. I will keep the three phase thing in mind for the future. I recently saw a craig's list ad for a tool where they posted the wrong motor horsepower, but it showed correct on the picture. I sometimes worry if I come off like a "know it all", but I try not to talk too much and listen to the other people. I never can figure out why people don't clean up things when trying to sell. We make sure our garage sale items aren't dirty even. I expect a deal when my hands are getting dirty.
That's a crazy story, so he probably cost himself a lot of buyers saying it was three phase. It's really unlikely that a tool will be 3 phase around here. I suppose there might be some industrial wood shops that I don't know about, but I suspect most of the commercial wood shops are single phase only.

Those tools look really nice. I'm surprised the saw cleaned up that nice, I guess rust can look a lot worse than it really is.
Have to keep that in mind.  Of course, around here, the sellers want retail for tools like that most of the time, there isn't much of a market to compare prices.
Atgcpaul, sorry I missed your question. I used naval Jelly and a little sand paper lubricated with wd40 to clean the top off. The rust wasn't all that bad and there wasn't any pitting. Even if I had needed to have the top reground it still would have been a great deal on the saw

If the guy would have taken a little time to clean everything up he would have got at least $700-800 for the saw around here. American made Unisaws get snapped up really fast. Him telling everyone that it was three phase worked in my favor too. He had several other people call and tell him they were not interested since it was three phase. I think when I showed up with cash he just saw beer money and said take it.