Shop smith price
Neighbor has new one he bought 15 or 20 years ago. Still in box. He believes it has all assesores n he paid about 2300 for it back then. He wants to know how much he should ask? Any thoughts? I'm not interested in buying it.
Crapshoot.   Depends on the accessories.  Figure NOS at 50% of purchase price, and even then, how long ago.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
There is a forum at shop smith.com

I usually see them going for around $500. Typically they have poor resale value but being new may be able to do better.
I gave fifty bucks for mine that was like new.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Prices vary widely, sometimes by location. The MK V and it's newer Cousins was made in Dayton/Vandalia Ohio. Closer to here they are thick, and prices are low, further away, they are more scarce, and prices reflect this. IOW around here you can't swing a cat without hitting one. I've seen very new looking units with the entire array of add on tools go for $35.00 at auction, and I've seen a few go for several hundred dollars. No rhyme, or reason.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Sounds like an impulse buy if he never took it out of the box, and he should be prepared to eat it.  I can't imagine the base unit going for much over $500.  If he has accessories, like the bandsaw, he could probably do better selling them separately on, oh, Ebay or someplace.
Bob
I wouldnt even go close to 500 for it,  NIB or otherwise.  Usually one or two listed on my local CL (or probably most others) at any one time.   It's a compromise for just about everything it claims to do.
He believes it has all assesores n he paid about $2300 for it back then.

I would go to the Shopsmith forum and do some checking. There is a big difference in price between a plane Shopsmith  and a Shopsmith with a band saw or Shopsmith with their surface planner on it. Do some research, and remember condition, condition, condition.

Tom
If you post pics I could make a few suggestions. It matters if it's a 500, 505, 510, 520. WWhich accessories are NIB? Some accessories are now rare and go for more then the purchase price. 

Don't just give it away for the prices that are mentioned here....I know lots of people here poop on them but there are plenty enough who have a cult like adoration of them. I am somewhere in between as oonly have two of the Mark V's.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11