Cost of new shop?
(04-28-2017, 08:13 AM)jcredding Wrote: Total cost was just north of $120K - permits, water meter, required fire sprinklers and other state / city requirements definitely drove up the cost.

Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Upset
Upset  OUCH!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-28-2017, 08:28 AM)fredhargis Wrote:
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Crazy
Upset
Upset  OUCH!

I second that emotion! Ouchie, ouch, ouch, ouch!

However, I could easily see where the shop I just built would have cost me 10 to 15k more if I was still living in MN. You know the 3 things they say about real estate, (location, location, location). Moving to TN for me was like getting an automatic 10% raise due to a lower COL.
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
(04-28-2017, 02:29 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Not sure how much it helps you, but my 28 X 40 X 12' shop cost $56k here in Hawaii. It's a stand alone building with its own 100amp panel. No insulation needed and the windows are open year round, since no heating or a/c are needed.

That is a gloat right
Raised
Wink
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I would spend the money on a shop, but I figure I would have to move soon thereafter.  Jealous of all these shops, no matter what the size.  Mine is too narrow in the basement.

They have ridiculous setback requirements here for the rear property line.  My backyard neighbor has a barn, it's right up next to the house.  You couldn't build the township under the current rules, I've always thought that was a little silly and people that made those rules should have thought about it.  But I guess the historic part of town probably wasn't as desirable when the rules changed- as it is now. I don't know if they allow exemptions ever, when I talked to the zoning officer, he didn't suggest it.
Arlin, thats terrible they decided not to follow through. Best to do it yourself your way.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.