Deere D130
First time ever last fall - failed to winterize.
1/3 tank premium stabilized fuel in tank.
Fuel visible in filter line.
Charged batt.
No ignition. Both plugs chngd last spring.
First thing...drain fuel??? Best way?
Try/Don't try starter fluid?
Not much guidance in manual. Remove 6 bolts & lift blk cvr/shroud to get at carb?

TIA
Check seat and controls safety switches. One may be closed.
Check plug for spark. If there is spark- most likely it is a gas problem. fuel Filter, fuel line (from tank to carb), carb..........
I would try the start spray.
I've found electrical issues are common in older garden tractors come spring.  One year it was the contacts on the back of the ignition switch which were corroded.  Another it was the contacts on a safety switch.   I agree with checking for these if there is no ignition.
WoodNET... the new safespace
You will have a PTO lockout safety switch, a reverse kill switch(perhaps) and a seat safety switch. If your battery is good, check safety switches.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Does it crank and not fire, or is it not cranking at all?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Turns over but doesn't fire.
Anyone familiar with D130 can tell me
1. Best way to drain fuel tank?
2. Get to carb?
Before you drain the tank....

Follow the fuel line to the carb. There should be a screw on the bottom. Loosen it to see if fuel comes out. If no fuel comes out, hit the carb with the handle of a screw driver until fuel flows.

You're not getting fuel or spark.... my bet is no fuel.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(04-27-2017, 03:00 PM)varkpilot Wrote: Turns over but doesn't fire.
Anyone familiar with D130 can tell me
1. Best way to drain fuel tank?
2.  Get to carb?

No spark or doesnt try to start. Most likely the seccond as usually if it cranks it sparks. 

99.999999% chance its bad gas. Take the bowl off the carb and let rhe gas run out then flush some fresh gas through. Then put the bowl back on with fresh gas and hope it starts. 
      If it doesnt start then you will need to take rhe carb off and blow oit every hole with carb cleaner reassemble and hope for the  best. The carbs now are non adjustable and almost non rebuildable as you cant get to the areas that gunk and varnish build up in. 

One other check. Most mowers have a solenoid sxrewed into the bottom of the carb. It shuts the fuel off to the engine when you turn the key off. It can get varnished and plugged and not open. Carb cleaner will take care of it just spray all the orifices then leave some in there and operate the key a few times to see if it unsticks. Personally check that first as its easy and quick. My neighbor had more than one replaced under warranty on his mower...

Best way to get to the carb is to open the hood. Should be right on the side behind the filter.  But remember fixing it yourself might incur the wrath of Deere corporation. Hopefully they dont have the same contract on mowers as they do with farm machinery where you only have a license to use the machine and all repairs must be performed by their techs......
Give it a shot of starting fluid. If it fires up it is a fuel problem, if it doesn't fire it is a spark problem.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Thanks to all for the suggestions!

It's running!

Here's what I did:  simplest thing first.  Removed air filter; sprayed starter fluid* into air line to carb; it coughed and really tried to start but just couldn't get there; put my hand over the air line hole [remembering somebody telling me that this sometimes increases the fuel pressure "just enough'] and, sure 'nuf, it started!

*Not much ether left in starter fluid can and even less pressure to get a spray.  The same "somebody" above told me to do a "Bluto" [remember ANIMAL HOUSE movie?] and squeezed the can [not with my head, though! :>) ].  Increased the pressure enough to get enough fluid into carb. 

Now, I'd just like to know what the problem was...........as I said in OP, I use premium fuel with stabilizer and just couldn't accept that it became "bad fuel" in four months.

Do you folks winterize by draining fuel tank OR just filling it to the very top?

Again, thank you all.