Hammer Maker?
I found a nice old hammer for $.50 at a garage sale that's pretty solid with a nice curved claw, there is some writing on the side, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it says because it's written in cursive.

Anyone with some ideas or who can read it please help, it's gnawing at me and I have to know!
ganaem?wy

Faraenity

Garaenity

Saraenity

Just my two cents
Hardware store name....might have been a Plumb made for the store's brand sort of thing...
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I see "Garden ??y"
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Regardless, that's a nice score. It looks very well formed. And if the handle is intact, well, that's an added bonus.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Well in any case I like the balance on it and the handle is indeed sound, I've been grabbing it more than my Estwing lately.
(04-26-2017, 12:15 PM)UpstateNYdude Wrote: Well in any case I like the balance on it and the handle is indeed sound, I've been grabbing it more than my Estwing lately.
It's forged and looks like it could have been made by Maydole...very similar to one I have.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Try "Garden City".
(04-26-2017, 04:23 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Try "Garden City".

I do believe that's the one.

http://progress-is-fine.blogspot.com/201...-city.html

From the blog:
"Garden City" was a brand of Vaughan & Bushnell out of Chicago, Illinois.

[Image: Garden-City-hammer-2.jpg]

From eBay:
[Image: %24_1.JPG]
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I believe you are correct, thanks fellas!