Tapered double ironsL
As found in many wooden bodied "bench" planes. Anybody know of a source or am I cutting a slot in a Lee Valley for the widths they have that suit. Even that option would leave me with a jointer unserviceable as the blade is used up.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Just about any antique store will have a few worn eaten, cracked jointer planes...$15-$25......that are only good for the irons on board.    Usually they are Butcher brand irons.   VERY good steel.   About half of the planes I come across ( and stumble on) have the double iron set up.    I can walk downtown right now, and pick about 4 of them up.....if I had the cash.    jacks and jointers.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I wish. Around here the going rate on said jointer sans iron and wedge or not would be $75.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

The German ECE and Ulmia planes use the irons you are looking for. What width (metric) do you need? Feel free to pm I have some spares in the parts drawer and might have something to suit.
(04-26-2017, 11:37 AM)blackhat Wrote: As found in many wooden bodied "bench" planes. Anybody know of a source or am I cutting a slot in a Lee Valley for the widths they have that suit. Even that option would leave me with a jointer unserviceable as the blade is used up.
Ian, I can give a friend's email adr and you can contact him...He buys and sells tools all the time and nobody I know has more parts for tools than he does...and from most manufacturers..
His name is Chuck Hegedus, Emerson Georgia...toolfool@mindspring.com .....I have purchased lots of tools and tool parts from him and he will treat you right, I can guarantee it...If you want to PM me, I can give you his phone number...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset