Replacing a garage door opener
That is the same lock I have. No internet. Wasn't available when I installed it. The hardest thing is remembering how to program it when we change cleaning services.

I prefer Schlage vs Kwikset locksets. I find them more durable in the consumer line of products. If for some reason, I can't get in the front door with the keycode, I can always go in through the garage with its code. Same code. Neither way requires a key. Keys are mostly unnecessary now.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(05-02-2017, 10:33 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: We had a power outage for most of the day yesterday due to a freak snowstorm.   I used the battery backup feature to come and go like normal without having to manually open the door.  I also used the cell phone connection to monitor the power situation at home and when power was restored the garage door alerted me on my phone so I could drive home and turn off the generator I had running the refrigerator. 

Both features were nice to have.  

My coworkers laughed their asses off when I told them my garage door called and reported the power was back on.

OK, I'll have to give you one for coolness there.
Smile Does the door e-mail you or just sends a note through its app. I assume it really didn't' call you.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
its an app I have on my phone.

It also alerts me when the door is left open after a certain time of day/night

It can also be set to send an email if you do not want to use a phone app.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(05-02-2017, 10:29 AM)Cooler Wrote: I love my digital locks.  I used to have a house key attached to the dog's leash in case I forgot the key.  The digital key works great and I don't have to worry about the key anymore.

I used the last four digits of my phone number I had as a child. It is no longer in use by any family member and since I have not used it in over 20 years it would be hard for someone to Phish for it and it is easy to remember.  Everyone remembers their first phone number.

I have a Schlage unit.  It is not hooked up to the Internet, but works fine and cost less than $100.00.

[Image: Res-E_Keypad_Lever._V390857766_.jpg]

Those will be on oir next house and the ones that open using blue tooth from your phone so you dont even have to unlock it. 

As for remembering phone numbers... I cant remember our number anymore, i could up until about 15 years ago. I do remember the address though 1801b 19th way.... Hope to check it out and see how it looks today(looks better than it did years ago on google street view though google has the addresses way off)