Ready to Use - Seven Moulding Planes (6 beads, 1 skewed rebate)
[Image: qBbFOYI.jpg]

Ok friends, I've got six beads and one rebate. They're in a few predetermined sets, but if you're wanting something different or want to mix/match, just let me know. PM me if interested. Please read whole listing. I can send a lot more pictures for interested parties; Imgur just makes life difficult so I'm keeping it to the main things here. All planes have been tested in walnut or maple.

Set One - Sargent & Co - Two Beads & One Rebate

[Image: LFMi0iF.jpg]

1/4" Side Bead
3/8" Side Bead
1/2" Skewed Rebate

Cleaned with Alfie Shine, mortises float filed, irons cleaned and sharpened.
Sargent & Co started offering wooden planes in 1871, made by Union Factory and Sandusky. Given the sublime little cut-in on the wedge design, these are very likely Sandusky make.
Boxing is slightly gappy on both planes. The 1/4" leaves a slight edge on the outside edge of the bead that scrapes off easily, an the 3/8" has a funny brass screw. Both cut very well and fast.
The rebate cuts well, the photo shows will grain, cross-grain, and on end grain. I did not hollow grind this iron, but left the bit of convex nature it had and just sharpened the edge. There's a little bit of tearout on the side. Nothing troublesome, just giving info.

Local to ATL - $100 obo cash, money order, or PayPal
Not Local - $100 obo + shipping, money order or PayPal

Willing to part with the rebate separately, should that be desired.

Set Two - Owasco Tool Co - Two Beads

[Image: TQMRMHX.jpg]

1/4" & 1/2" Bead Set

Cleaned with Alfie Shine, mortises float filed, irons cleaned and sharpened.

Owasco Tool Co. is one of Auburn Tool Co.'s many names. Auburn operated from 1864-1893 in Auburn, NY.

Note the boxing is a little worn on the nose on the 1/4".

1/2" can clog a little, has a little nick in the boxing nose. It can make a slight ridge on the outside of the bead that is easily scraped away.

Local to ATL - $75 obo cash, money order, or PayPal
Not Local - $75 obo + shipping, money order or PayPal

Can also look to combine with the (down the page) Sandusky or Union 3/8" for a 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" set.

Three - Sandusky Bead

[Image: ANhQ03C.jpg?1]

3/8" Bead

Cleaned with Alfie Shine, mortise float filed, iron cleaned and sharpened. Makes a lovely bead on this maple.

Sandusky Tool Co. operated from 1869-1926 in Sandusky, Ohio. 

Note the boxing is a little chipped just behind the mouth. The quirk in my example has a little edge because I adjusted mid-test.

Local to ATL - $40 obo cash, money order, or PayPal
Not Local - $40 obo + shipping, money order or PayPal

Can also look to combine with the Owasco tool set for a 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" set.

Four - Union Factory Bead

[Image: MHoFd2A.jpg]

3/8" Bead

Cleaned with Alfie Shine, mortise float filed, iron cleaned and sharpened.

Union Factory was Herman Chapin's company. He operated from 1828-1860 in New Hartford and Pine Meadow, Connecticut.

The boxing is a little gappy, and you need to ensure the iron is properly aligned for the turn of the bead at the edge (instead of a hard edge). Note the last pic, the profile is a little tall in the center from improper sharpening in the past. This makes the bead a little shorter. I'm offering as it is for now, but may re-profile in the future should there be no takers.

Local to ATL - $30 obo cash, money order, or PayPal
Not Local - $30 obo + shipping, money order or PayPal

Can also look to combine with the Owasco Tool set for a 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" set.
Union Factory is sold
Freelance Animator & Motion Artist, JQuack Design
Quackenbush Woodworks