Mesquite bartop
So I was asked to make a bartop for a friend's client.  He showed her a picture of some of my work and asked me to come by.  He was doing a kitchen remodel for her.  New counters, sink, paint the cabinets and a few cabinet changes.

So I came talked to her and she told me she wanted a "conversation piece". Something unique.

I gave her a price and she agreed.  While they remodeled the kitchen I looked for the perfect wood.  We agreed on mesquite.  She made some requests and suggestions.  She wanted initially a natural edge on the sitting side.  She wanted it about 16" wide but where it made the angle she wanted it about 20 inches wide for more counter space.

i made a 1/8 ply template and put in in place to get her sign off on the rough shape.

She then informed me she wanted a "natural edge" in both sides and the end even though I explained to her trees don't grow that way.  So I choose to sculpt all three sides.

I installed it yesterday. At no point during any of this did she see it. Not the raw wood nor any of it during the build.

I didn't hear from her till this afternoon (they weren't home for the install)  she texted me this afternoon and said "we really love the bartop, thank you! We think it's truly the statement piece that sets this kitchen apart".

Whew.  I was nervous especially after the delay in hearing from her.

Photos added
Very nice.
Smile
Nice work.
Bet the husband was going for topless though.
Does that ever make a statement!  The sculpted edges are perfect.  Great idea.
Nice job.  
Yes 

I did one like that 14 or 15 years ago, and see the people a couple times a year.  They almost always mention it, and the reaction people have to it.
Thanks all

Appreciate the praise KC. I know you've done similar work so I consider it high praise from you
Smile
Very nice work 
Yes
Excellent work. How did you finish it?
5 coats of Waterlox original