More VFD Help Needed
What's the model number of your VFD. My motor is a 5 HP on an old Dewalt GE radial arm saw. The nameplate is so faded I can't make out anything, but I assumed it was spinning at about 1800 Rpm. I'll run it later and get the amp draw at no load. I know it's pretty low. I have it set to ramp up in 4 seconds and ramp down in 6 seconds ( requires a braking resistor). Your basic parameters look good but you might double check them, mine decided to reset itself once. Starting a jointer is a little tougher than a saw.
Custom Sawing and Kiln Drying
The VFD Model is HY04D023B, single phase 220V input, 3 phase 230V output, 4KW, 18 amp.  The motor I'm trying to run is wired at 230V/60 hz, draws 12.2 amps at full load, around 4 at no load, and runs at 3510 rpm (2 poles).  The belts are off the motor pulley at the moment.  Thanks for your help.

John
sorry you're having problems.  I was looking at the manual again and didn't really see anything.  Turns out mine was working all along, I had left the lathe out of gear.  OOPs.
John,

I am not that experience at VFDs as I would like, but to give more food for thoughts.
You mentioned that your VFD is set to control mode, which I think refer to vector control drive. That is "advanced" mode and requires autotune for specific motor. Have you tried to set the VFD in standard (frequently called Scalar drive) mode instead and see if it works?
I think it's running V/F mode
(05-03-2017, 12:46 PM)EricU Wrote: I think it's running V/F mode

I believe this is correct. 

John
the vendor I bought mine from said to make sure that PD072 was set to 60 (Hz).  That parameter isn't listed in the online manual, and I haven't gotten down to the basement to find out what that was
PD072 is "Higher Analog Frequency"  and the range is 0 -400 hz.  The default is 50 hz.  I don't think this comes into play unless you are using some external control input to the VFD, but I'll change it to 60 hz because what I know about this is minimal, it can't hurt, and maybe it's important.  Thanks very much. 

John