Another Road Trip?
Well.....Friday Garage Sales....were a bust.  only one was opened, anyway....nothing I needed.   had to drive to pick up the GrandBRATS later....part of the route took me past a little store, again..

Afraid i spent most of my allowance on two tools
Uhoh  even then, I got $2 off.

4" x 24"  backsaw, maker unknown.....Medallion says Warranted Superior.   SHARP, well set teeth.  As for the little eggbeater...

Buck  Rogers No. 104 by Millers Falls.   Had a spot or two of rust on the chuck, was missing the drill bits from the inside of the handle

Total price was $11 for the two.   May have paid too much
Raised $4 for the drill, $7 for the saw. 

Might have been worth the stop?
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice haul. Justifies the fuel cost. Unless you are walking ....
Rolleyes

When I do donations will check the attached store for stuff I can't leave behind. Rarely spend over $5. The last trip gave me a Disston with one of those wart thingies on top of the plate for $2. Can't push a western saw, but status quo must be biting. I'll try to clean it. Garage sales are the equal of stroke and heart failure combined, so we never look for those; passing a yard sale is bad enough.
Ever try to drive past a sale...when you can smell the rust from the street?   Have turned around more than a few times, gone back and found a rusty bit of Goodness waiting to be picked up.....like a Minty D-23 8ppi...for free?   Maybe a Stanley SW No. 4, type 13...for $2?    Some days, it s just the thrill of the hunt......never knowing what there will be on a table somewhere......
Cool

Drill was made between 1949 and 1960.......not sure about the saw, yet.   Last 4" x 24" back saw cost me $20......$7 sounds a little bit better?
Ok, saw has been cleaned up, and taken for a test drive..

Had to raise the depth stops a hair....otherwise, it cuts into the deck..

Swung the mitre box around for a 45 degree cut, just to show off the saw...

Might just be worth the $7 I paid for it?
Rolleyes

Cleaned the price tags off the Millers Falls No. 104 drill.....he used a sharpie to mark it.....might need to open it up, and add a spot of oil inside....not sure which oil they used, though..
Price was marked as $5, got it for $4.    Works for me...
Yes
There is to be one of those "Village wide garage sale"  days on the 25th of this month....might be something worth the walk around that village....
Rolleyes
Clearly, you need to go on more road trips. Pretty decent suckage there.

The M-F eggbeater drill is a nice thing to have if you've got little ones in the shop - exposed gear mechanisms are invitations to pinched kid parts - arms, fingers.