Nice Gift.
Neighbor today gave me these items. Was really nice- I did offer to buy them but it was refused. Quite a surprise!  

8" Witherby Draw Knife.
 R. Hoe & Co.  roundback file.
 Old thumb oil can. I cleaned it up and clear coated it.

[Image: draw%20knife%20and%20file%20%20oil%20can...qhicku.jpg]

I'm making a deal on the old  blacksmith vise there- In fact the old barn type woodshop which has been locked up since the husband died 23 years ago is amazingly stocked with old tools, saws, hardware. I commented something must be done quickly before the rust renders all the stuff useless. I desperately want to try and save the old chisels and hand saws.

She is 94 years old and sharp as a tack and said she isn't interested in money. I did tell her however, to check with her kids first before I make any offer.
 I might consider 500 for what I really am interested in.
Very nice of her.  This sort of situation is very delicate, neighbors and all, and the fact of her age as well notwithstanding she still has all her faculties.  Good move telling her to check with her children as you don't want them, or others, raising h*ll with you about taking advantage, etc.  It would be a shame for it all to rust away.  I think she intuitively knows you are a user of tools and appreciates them, hence her comment about not being interested in money.  I once bought several nice tools from a nonagenarian with the promise that I wouldn't sell them until I was as old as he was, and still have them.  A promise made like that has to be kept.   
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I'm with Admiral: Make sure she talks with her kids. You apparently have a good relationship with the lady and it sounds like she is sitting on a treasure trove. Perhaps you might contact the kids yourself to make it clear that you are not trying to take advantage of their mother. Make sure they are aware of your interest.

I'm an old guy and have a workshop in my barn that has some value. I have talked to each of my kids and advised them to cherry pick the barn contents when I'm gone before they let the auctioneer in. The girls have no interest and the boys are ho-hum, but a son-in-law has an eye on several items.
At her age, money has less relevance. Maybe you can offer to upgrade something on her house. Vanity top, lighting, door knobs, grab bars. There are lots of things that can make a house easier to get around in. My guess is that she has kept the place shuttered for 23 years because of the memories. Maybe you could make her something using the tools. Maybe she would like one or two of them refurbished and shadow boxed for display.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com