A tour of a Dungeon?
Since I can only post 5 photos at a time here.....I'll call this the Nickel Tour.....

There is a door, painted white, hinges creak when it is opened......beyond this opening lies a set of creaky, ill-repaired steps, watch near the bottom steps, as unless you are a Hobbit, you WILL hit your head....

Once you get down to the last two steps, another world unfolds....

The area where most of the saws hang out, and get put to work.   Bandsaw ( the wee one in the back) was what I started out with.    The larger one is the current one.   many other toys to id here, but
You turn to the left..

Try not to stub your toe on the work-a-mate, and knock one of the planes off....Look above this thing..

Can't have a Dungeon, without a Rack?    Most  of my screwdrivers and nut drivers are there.  Other than a few on the bench..
You glance ahead to see where this path leads, trying to remember the way back out..

And see there is a laundry room down here, too.    I do have to share this space....
There are a few items to see next..as we turn to the right..

For once you get past that old bandsaw.....many wonders will appear

Stay tuned, for part 2....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
There is a couple of other benches down this way.....one where strange machines reside.

whether it be an old vise and grinder, or..

Some other machine, there is also a shelf of sorts, holding extra planes, and another machine that sands..

Turn slowly so you don't miss anything, as you are in the main work zone..

An old dresser was found down here, when we moved in, makes a nice place to sit the tils.  Opened drawer to stuff all the hammers, long files, and a few clamps...

And a peek at the bench.  Where 90% of the work gets done...

There are a few of highlights ( lowlights?) but it will take one more chapter to show....
Almost done?  Well, there is a couple places to stash things....

Almost right above the bandsaw there is a rack of small drills, mainly eggbeaters, and a few ready to use braces, the rest  sit in their own til..

Larger drills.   There is a place for a few clamps to hang out, as well..

And a few of my extra saws, coping saws, and hacksaws.  

I'll need to clean this off, as I have a large Pantry Cupboard to build in a few weeks...

Well, that be the Nickel Tour,  welcome to my world.     You may now follow the bread crumbs back out of here.
Uhoh  

Let me know how you liked the tour...
Loved it!

I've seen pictures of large, clean, organized, brightly lit shops and while I envy them, I know it's futile for me to aspire to such a work space.  In your shop, I see the evidence of organized chaos.  Somebody else may just scratch their head and wonder how you get anything done, but you know what you use the most and where it needs to be.  

A tip of the cap sir and thanks for the tour.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Very interesting, very impressive. Thanks for the tour
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Is that a goblin hand, grabbing something, on top of the Workmate?

This looks like my rec. room, laundry room, garage, spare bedroom. Mostly, the wife's stuff. Tools are in cardboard boxes, so you won't see the lower half, or more, of tools. I am finally installing box cabinets--Boeing Surplus, Goodwill--where particle board shelving accumulated to hold stuff. (Did you know, particle board shelving sags due to it's own weight.
Laugh ) Definitely not enough room, so some floor cabinets are going to be built. 

I actually need to show my driveway, back deck, kitchen and dining room, side yards, backyard, but not the front yard, where I work. Even pulled the breadbox planer into the drive today and cleaned up some pine for a set of doggy steps I've been threatening to do this last winter. 

But, yeah, we can commiserate.....
Two shop rags set out to dry.....and a pencil sharpener.

Better view of the Shop Dresser I built to replace the top of an old dryer.   A little more storage room.

What is nice in this view, where most of the work gets done, is that almost everything in within arm's reach,  might have to take a step or two. 

Nope, no Goblins here.....even Igor doesn't show up anymore...
Oh, yah! It's a pencil sharpener, al fresco. The shadowy background looked like Spook's arm.
I love this shop.
My kind of shop.
Great tour. Couldn't work that way, but one of the best woodworkers I know could and did.