Plumbing Connection?
Anyone know what kind of connector this is?

[Image: 34332101462_66a6580111_c.jpg]

the folks at HD didn't know.

And, more importantly, how do I change them?  Are these threaded?  I need to replace the faucet.

Thanks.

I don't know nor can I tell what type white pipe that is.  If you can read that I bet you can get some kind of union or fitting to regular pipe or angle stop you can attach flex lines to.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

It looks like a PEX to copper connection. There is a copper fitting adaptor soldered into the end of the copper elbow and the PEX tubing is expanded and connected to the adaptor as shown in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJkSTnq_v4

You can connect the PEX tubing to your new faucet using two Sharkbite couplings as shown in the video below. There are other types of Sharkbite fittings which may work better for your particular situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyY4zJ2UKQw
They are Propex connections. The adapters are soldered into the faucet, an expansion tool stretches the pipe and added collar to fit over the fitting. In a minute or so, the pipe and collar shrink back to size and create a permanent joint. As suggested, shark bite your way onto the new faucet.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Excellent, thanks.  I had a feeling that was something like that.
I've got another of these connections on a threaded frost free faucet.  Should I assume that the plastic tubing is connected to a threaded (female) connector, and I can just unscrew the faucet? (If that's not the type of connection, I'm a bit concerned that if I try to unscrew it, I'll mess up the connection and cause a leak.)

I don't think it will unscrew.   I would plan on cutting the tubing to be able to change the faucet.    I would think something like this is inside the connection.
[Image: lf4505050_5.jpg]Roly
They do make threaded adapters, if that is what your other faucet is screwed into, you want to turn the faucet and not the adapter and no problem. Unless of course, you forget to turn the water off first 
Laugh.  While not recommended, you can turn the fitting in the pipe a half turn or so to align things instead of overtightening or backing off a threaded connection for example.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

If it were me I would take the time to make this into something less complicated possibly a place for a flex line or this for straight forward pipe connections

[Image: union1.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Normally if a fitting is meant to be  screwed or unscrewed it will have a place to put a wrench on both sides of the fitting as in the union Bob 10 posted.    The pipes on the picture of the deck mounted faucet will have to be cut as it could not unscrew unless at least one pipe was cut.
 The exterior faucet you mentioned normally can either be sweat on or threaded on.    If you can see all the exterior threads it is sweat on.   Suggest a union as Bob 10 showed when you make repairs.   Roly
The reason I suggest the change is for ease of future repair or changes.  If you can solder and have access to the tooling required to do it I might go that route but the easiest to repair or adapt to is something you can put a wrench on.  I assume pex is similar to copper and requires special tooling unless you go with the shark bite fittings.  I am constantly fixing or replacing things so I look for ways to be more convenient

Phil Thien