Plumbing Connection?
(05-07-2017, 09:07 AM)David Stone Wrote: I've got another of these connections on a threaded frost free faucet.  Should I assume that the plastic tubing is connected to a threaded (female) connector, and I can just unscrew the faucet? (If that's not the type of connection, I'm a bit concerned that if I try to unscrew it, I'll mess up the connection and cause a leak.)

You should be able to disconnect the faucet assembly from the PEX tubing if you can use two wrenches at the connection point. Turn off the water and remove the screws and caulking from the faucet flange where it connects to the outside of the house before you disconnect the PEX. Buy a new faucet which is the same length as the old one. Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kxToxiVC8

https://www.google.com/search?client=saf...8&oe=UTF-8
Thanks everyone.
I took another look at my faucet connection, and it looks like the faucet is soldered into a connector.  Not sure why anyone would create that kind of connection if there is an alternative for a screw connection.
I guess I need to speak with a plumber.

[Image: 33693257634_18f3b8f926_c.jpg]

(05-08-2017, 12:13 PM)David Stone Wrote: Thanks everyone.
I took another look at my faucet connection, and it looks like the faucet is soldered into a connector.  Not sure why anyone would create that kind of connection if there is an alternative for a screw connection.
I guess I need to speak with a plumber.

[Image: 33693257634_18f3b8f926_c.jpg]

The plumber is going to do it the fastest cheapest way unless instructed otherwise in the contract.  Those type of pex fittings are normally only installed by a pro due to the cost of the tool.   Also  you said you would call a plumber to repair. (reason #2).      Are you sure it is not just a bad washer in the faucet ,if that is the reason your replacing it.  Roly
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]
No reason to call a plumber unless you really want to.  The shark bites allow you to attach pretty much anything you want after that and shark bites are removable no special tooling required
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That sure looks like a pinhole stream coming from the adapter with the small tubing.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

If I unscrew the handle, should I be able to pull out the valve to check the washer?
I'm not sure what Bob means about the Shark Bite.  If I cut the connection and remove that white band, I can use a Shark bite to connect the plastic tube directly to the threaded end of a new faucet?

With the water turned off you should be able to remove the handle undo the nut under it and unscrew the insides to get to the washer.   However some models use a cartridge instead of a washer, finding the proper cartridge can be a problem.
Shark Bites are push on plumbing connectors.   They are mad in different configurations.     If there is a ribbed type connector under existing connector I doubt if there is a Shark Bite for it.  There will be a Shark Bite to go from the pex to a threaded connection.    Roly
A neighbor had a new frost free faucet that he didn't need.
Here's what I'm planning.  Cut the pex just above theconnector and remove the old faucet.
Attach a sharkbite 3/4" to 1/2" elbow reducing connector to the 3/4" pex coming down.  Then a small piece of 1/2" pex from the elbow to a sharkbite 1/2" female threaded connector.  Then screw the new faucet into the threaded connector.

Any reason this won't work?  I looked for a single elbow that would take the 3/4 pex into a 1/2 female threaded, but that doesn't seem to exist.

And, in the top photo, can I disconnect the plasitc connector and then use a sharkbite to a new faucet? Is there a trick to disconnecting the fitting without ruinning the pex?

You cannot reuse the part that is already on a fitting. You will have to cut below the existing connections. Hopefully there is a bit of slack in the pipe.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Remember to slope the new faucet down so it drains.    If you don't, it will freeze.   Roly