Question about an old Stanley No 100
We are really trying to help, Bob. Pay no attention to the attempts at humor. I think some of the initial confusion is what you meant by "orange parts". I tried to identify all of them as best as I could. They are all pieces of the tool and seem to be in good shape. Perhaps a little more info on your question would elicit a more specific response. Can you provide a better picture?
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
The instruction manual for the #100 can be found here:

http://tooltrip.com/tooltrip9/stanley/st.../miter.pdf

Figure 6 shows the clamp extension fixtures in use.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Another version of the manual"

http://tooltrip.com/tooltrip9/stanley/st...rsh-sw.pdf
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks that is the info I was looking for.  I have never seen those parts before.  The other 100s I have and seen didn't have them.  Then again this one predates the rest too.  Stanley-Marsh is what I believe the first Stanley produced units were labeled.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(05-09-2017, 08:00 AM)Admiral Wrote: The orange piece in front of the clamp is a clamp extension to hold narrow pieces, as the clamp only goes so far to hold 4" wide pieces, which is the maximum width for this machine.  Sold as a picture framer's tool.
I have not seen those before Admiral, thanks for the info.
(05-09-2017, 10:06 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Seems to me that he's trying to learn something new.  Post count doesn't equate knowledge.

*To* be critical:  You're being a jerk.

The post count is correct what you say and even tho I have over 12,000 I am still a beginner, but Brad you are being more brash then the poster.  Calm down
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
so the saw is hiding the other clamp?
yes it is.  Everything besides the little orange pieces is as it should be.  This one is going to stay here I have to find a place for my old one to live.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Here are better pics and that of another for comparison

[Image: 20170510_095213_zpsyblbottz.jpg]
[Image: 20170510_095555_zpswegdqxnt.jpg]
[Image: 20170510_095252_zpsfpzkpkxz.jpg]
[Image: 20170510_095643_zpsv66eatuo.jpg]

Phil Thien

And you are missing the rule and rule gauge which most of us are missing from our 100 miter machines