So, he told me to come get the darn thing out of his garage... Big Ole Arn!
Thanks again. I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the help making this choice.
Reading between the lines of your post, the KBAC would work, but not get me all the options I want. I'd prefer to spend $350 and get exactly what I want as opposed to spending $100-$200 and compromise.
So I'm still researching. It appears I'm down to 2 or 3 models to choose from from my earlier posts. Next step is to call the tech guys at these sellers and pick their brains as well. I'll get to that early next week. Heading on a 3 day road trip in a couple hours.
Please share any other thoughts guys, I'm learning.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I found a 3hp TEFC 3 phase motor, and bought it for $25, thinking of I can't use it on my lathe, then i can save it for my future 2x72 belt grinder build.

The problem is that the motor is frame 183T, but my lathe current has a 148T.

Is there anyway to take up that difference? I don't want to cut out the floor of the cabinet to drop the mount lower, and it doesn't appear to have enough space to add an idler in the cabinet, either. Can't use a link belt. Not sure where to get a wide belt that's shorter.

Suggestions?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Try a bearing supply house. They usually carry specialty belts also. Maybe they can come up with a shorter belt
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020