Impact Driver Bits
+4 for Milwaukee Shock Wave bits.
1/4 bit test

and another
(05-18-2017, 10:55 AM)ridgeline Wrote: 1/4 bit test

and another

Doesn't  surprise me the milwaukee bits were that bad in the test. Everyone i know on job sites has tried them and no one will buy them again.   

I bought lots and lots of ph2 bits from harbor freight years ago. They had a coupon for a pack of 10 for just over a buck and you could buy 10 packs with a coupon. So i stockpiled them. They are almost as good as some of the others and way way cheaper per screw driven.   

There are some 10 packs on amazon that i have bought pz2 bits in and they are cheap and hold up pretty well.
(05-18-2017, 10:55 AM)ridgeline Wrote: 1/4 bit test

and another

I hope these guys get a lot of $$$$$$ for doing these reviews. I can't think of anything more boring than just driving screws to see which driver tip was best. I thought the first one looked like a good review except he seems to have been working for Home Depot/Kobalt. The second guy had a nice camera, but jeesh, he used a part not needed to drive a screw, that by his own admission was junk. Ya think that might influence the test?

I love these reviews.
No  
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Lately I'm taking all these youtube "reviews" etc. with a grain of salt, perhaps a shaker full of salt.  They just want to drive clicks to their site to generate ad revenue, and many don't know what the heck they are talking about.  It's the evolution of the internet, I guess, dumbing down to the lowest common denominator of expertise.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-19-2017, 03:16 PM)Admiral Wrote: Lately I'm taking all these youtube "reviews" etc. with a grain of salt, perhaps a shaker full of salt.  They just want to drive clicks to their site to generate ad revenue, and many don't know what the heck they are talking about.  It's the evolution of the internet, I guess, dumbing down to the lowest common denominator of expertise.

Not really any different than magazine reviews just a different medium. My issue is that 99% of them arent familiar with the use of the tool in the field and they are only reviewing it out of the box.  Don't make a review of any tool fresh from the box. Make the review several weeks after you have been using the tool on a regular basis. The reviews i like are the teardown reviews so you can see how the tool is really built. Some are good some are bad and some aren't built to the price point they sell at ie some black tools with green trim.
I forgot about Wiha, I have a lot of there bits. They are top notch in quality.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Most I have in the tray are Malco.
I probably replace them but I don't remember when.

The others would be DeWalt.

Very happy with both, but I don't use an impact driver- just a drill.
(05-20-2017, 06:26 AM)museumguy Wrote: I forgot about Wiha, I have a lot of there bits. They are top notch in quality.

I had some star drive screws with a number 3 head, 4" length, and bought a 2 pack of the Wiha terminators for them. The box had 1000 screws, of which there are about 50 to 60 left, and I'm still on the first bit. They were used on a friends old barn, we redid all of the siding which had rotted off at the ground level. The frame of the barn was odds and ends 4x6 to 8x12 mixed lumber beams, so there was Oak, to Cherry, with Sycamore, Ash, Walnut, Beech, and Maple. Pretty much the wood row, as they found it standing over 100 years ago, cut it and drug it over and started sawing. Average Ohio barn. That outside face once you got above where it was rotted was as clean as the day they had put the original siding on, it had just case hardened. Screws popped right in off a Bosch 18volt, and the star drives. I didn't even think about the number of screws I had used that bit on until this post. I think I paid 6 bux for the 2 driver bits. So using that guys formula for value, I'd say they had some
Big Grin

I should note the bit I did use is still pristine.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW