Oil-based Paint Recommendation
Steve, from HL&M used to buy paint from Cincinnati Color and private label it.  One of the guys there might know what they sent him.  I don't know if you're in the Cinci area or he sent it to you.   Cincinnati Color is a block south of Union Terminal / Museum Center on Dalton St., and they have a branch, Oakley Paint and Glass with smaller inventory
Thanks for the info!  Before I started, I called HL&M and talked to Steve and he was really helpful.  I remember him telling me to find some oil based paint in my area, but he was so nice about answering all my questions and giving me step by step instructions that I bought my paint from him.  I live in Austin, Tx.  If I lived closer, I'd stop by the places you listed.
(05-22-2017, 01:06 PM)saponzie Wrote: If anyone else is interested in picking up some oil-based paint, I noticed Sherwin Williams has 30% off paint and stains till May 29th.

Interesting, I went into one of the local SW stores yesterday to get a quart of this. When I told the counter guy what I wanted, he looked at me like I had 3 eyes! Then he pulled out his I-Phone and asked it about SW All Surface oil based enamel. Siri admitted she had never heard of it. Then the fellow spent several minutes at the counter computer doing something, and asked me a few more questions (where did I hear about it, what exactly did I want). I figured I'd move on, explaining I only wanted to buy a quart to try it out and I wanted to buy it curing the sale. He replied "it's probably in our industrial line and doesn't come in quarts". I explained i saw it listed in quarts on the website, but then excused myself and left. This morning I looked up the SW product number and went to a different store (errand to a different part of town). They had one on the shelf so I bought it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Rustoleum.  It comes in pints, quarts, gallons and aerosols in matching colors.  It seems to give good results.  And it is available everywhere.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Have steel siding on part of our house(all of the garage). I bought a special primer for steel siding from Sherwin Williams and used regular latex enamel over the primer on a south facing wall.