Kitchen make-over
Hi Derek;

I sent the two links you provided us above on your project to my wife for comment. She really appreciated the fine work and the subtle change in look.  She told me to let you know that was well done, the design and the work! She also wanted to know more about the sheets of green glass you used on the walls.  They are different from anything we use here.  They are not in the big box stores...
Thanks!

Hi Skip

Say thanks to your wife from me.

Glass sheets are available in Perth. They are cut in large sections, similar to the way granite may be cut for a bench top. I would be surprised if this is not available in the USA.

I think that the way it is made is to take tempered glass and spray the one side a specific colour. This is then glued to the wall. The glass is 1/4" thick, and the glue about 1/8" (which is necessary as internal house walls are not perfectly flat here in Perth (all plastered solid brick, and not plasterboard/drywall).

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks Derek;

I'll let her know.  Thanks for the info on the glass, we'll check into it here....
Skip

Derek,

I like the clean, uncluttered look of your new kitchen. You did a great job on it. I was curious to hear how you liked American hard maple after spending you life working the Aussie timbers. Glad you liked it. I'm also curious to see if the maple with darken over time with the waterborne poly on it. It has always been a struggle for me to keep it light. I don't spray, so your hand-wiped process is of great interest to me.

Hank