Privacy Trees or Shrubs
I think brick or concrete block is the best and fastest choice.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(05-21-2017, 04:46 PM)EricU Wrote: A PO of my house planted Hemlock trees along both sides of our yard.  The stupid part is that he planted them so close to the property line that if they get any bigger, the trunks will partially be in the neighbor's yard.  The unfortunate part is that there is a parasite that is killing them because we didn't have deep enough freezes for a number of years.  My neighbor is a bit of a jerk and trims them back so that is also killing them.  I think everyone appreciates the privacy, but they are getting pretty barren in the lower levels.  Probably have to  do something about this soon.
There are some narrower cultivars.  Good point about not planting too close to property line...
Privacy fence. You can have enough installed to block the view of the hot tub in a Saturday afternoon.

Plant whatever you'd like inside the fence.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Grab some lawn chairs and sit and stare at them when they use the Jacuzzi- then "they" will put up a fence or bushes.
Big Grin

I'd go for the privacy fence.
A camera pointed at the Jacuzzi and a sign saying " Check YouTube".
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Look for a plant called Tallhedge.
https://conservationgardenpark.org/plant...buckthorn/
As the name implies, it grows tall and narrow. You plant them close to form a screen hedge, but they won't overgrow the property line or take up a lot of yard space. Unfortunately, they loose their leaves in winter, but, I guess, the hot tub will be in minimal use then.
Another invasive species too...
Maybe photinia?

(personally, I'd put up a privacy fence w/ lattice, and then put something like bougainvillea.  but may be too cold in the NE to keep it happy)

Matt
Whatever you choose, if you have a deer problem, do check with the local ag extension service (or google Rutgers) for a list of deer-resistant species.  I put in a line of 12 Doug Fir and the deer denuded them 5 foot up so they look like lollypops and I can still see the neighbor's patio and garage doors, which was the whole point of the plantings.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-22-2017, 10:07 PM)JosephP Wrote: Another invasive species too...

Unfortunately the only plants that grow well are invasive species because they are more hearty for the climate and soil than the native plants. 

I look at all the varietys you guys op north have and i compare it to here where its either redtips or boxwoods(which are short and take decades to grow to any appreciable size).