old wood bodied planes -edited to add photo

I'm way out of my element here, but long story short, I just bought about 35 old wood planes at an estate sale. I bought the lot for $100 bucks so I'm not out too much even if these things turn out to be nothing more than shop decor, but naturally, I'm wondering if there is any value there. Many of these appear to be moulding planes. Some have names stamped on their irons. Most if not all appear serviceable and could be put to use. I have to admit, I'm the type who is more likely to pick up a router than a profile plane, but I still appreciate the workmanship that goes into these things. I'd appreciate any sage advice or reference material recommendations. There appears to be a whole lot of history there.
If you take some photos and post them, you will probably get some info here.  In general,  for the planes with a square sole, they are dado or rabbit planes, if there is one simple arc , either convex or concave, they are hollows and rounds, and it there are a variety of arcs, they are complex molding planes, designed to cut one molding.    Here is some info on hollows and rounds  https://woodandshop.com/how-to-buy-hollo...ng-planes/
Thanks for the link Barry. Let the education begin.
The are a number of hollows, rounds and rabbets in the collection, as well as some oggee type profiles and flat planes. Some appear well used and some with little wear. I look forward to getting a little shop time to play with them.
I think there are several winners in that bunch
What a great haul! Looks like you got a good mix. I see a jack plane, some coffin smoothers, maybe a scraper. Then there are the T&G planes and dado planes, followed by the rounds. They look like they have been kept in nice shape. I am sure you will have a ball sorting them out. Good luck making shavings.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Start with the bench planes, as there are many sources for info in books (don't forget the library) websites and videos.

If you are interested in learning to use the molding planes, Bickford's book is excellent: https://lostartpress.com/collections/boo...n-practice
Whatever you do, don't clean them up, sharpen and play with them on some scraps . You'll find yourself owning dozens more and thinking about building a few yourself. Nice haul.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

The two standard reference for wooden planes are "British Planemakers from 1700" by W.L. Goodman, with the last (3rd) edition revised by Mark and Jane Rees, and "A Guide to the Makers of American Wooden Planes" by Emil and Martyl Pollak. Unfortunately, the latest (3rd ) edition of "British Planemakers" is out of print and expensive on the second-hand market. The second edition is still in print and available along with "A Guide to American Wooden Planes" through Astragal Press.Also,both books may be available through inter-library loan.
The maker's name was usually stamped on the front of the plane, often within a border. Previous owners also stamped their names on the plane, sometimes over the maker's mark.It can be hard to distinguish between the two.
The plane iron in the plane may not have been made by the maker of the rest of the plane. Irons were sometimes made by other makers, or the originals were replaced when damaged or worn out.
Researching old planes can be a fascinating journey through history.Good luck in your search, and please keep us informed about what you find!
Rick W