Boss wants a Pantry Cupboard
  Re: Boss wants a Pantry Cupboard by bandit571 (Well, I had just gon...)
Got home this evening.....will need a bit of time to get a few pictures done, but.....had a LOT of fun.   Came home with way more than I left with. 

Brought home 1/2 a pick-up's bed of Maple and Poplar boards....the driver had the other 1/2 of the bed of the truck.  

Yet, I still have to go out, pick two 1 x 10s to make a glued up panel to turn into matched doors for the Pantry Cupboard Project.....

BTW:  Came home with a few saws, a Stanley #8, a Millers Falls #11, and a small, 6" sweep brace.  Along with a couple other toys..er...TOOLS.   

Looking forward to next years get together.....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(06-12-2017, 06:33 PM)bandit571 Wrote: A PANTRY Cupboard, mind you. 

Doors will wait another week....have a "Field Trip"  to go to.    Just over 400 miles each way.   Needed a sign made, to tell where I can from..
NEVER work in the shop on a Monday...."J" is bass-ackwards...

Needed a pilot hole drilled, to hang the sign on the post,

And a countersink..

Bought the letters, nailed them inplace after a paint job..

Will add the mileage in sharpie, once I get there.   Taken right off the odometer. 

There will be pole set up, like the one on MASH  4077th.    Showing which direction and how far away.

Greetings, saw your sign.

Back when I lived in Tipp City LOML and I used to play a lot of Racquetball. Bellfointaine was on our "tournament trail" They have/had a racket club there and the walls were poured, concrete, stucco, or something. They were also pitted badly, with a few courts with large chunks out of them. It was wild, you would have to try not to hit a defect, or Lord knew where you ball was gonna shebang off, and just head to anyplace, but usually not where you intended. Beyond you can't get there from here, that is all I knew about Bellfountaine. Saw the sign, figured I'd say hello.

Enjoyed your build as well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Club is gone.    Now is a home for people making wire harnesses for Honda.   

Tease from today...

Stearns 85...

Stanley 6" sweep brace....

Millers falls No.11 needs a cutter....

The No.8 will be a bit of work....

maybe...
Ok, back to the Pantry Project..

Two 1 x 10 x 72" pine boards are sitting in my van.....thunderstorm making it a bit rough to bring them into the shop..

Hinges have been bought, Boss has approved of them

A latch to keep the doors shut, and the Riff-Raff out, has also been bought. 

Maybe tomorrow, I can sneak the boards into the shop, decide which one to rip right down the middle.    The halves will then be glued up to the other 2 boards.....to make the halves for the doors.   Need to crosscut for length, and add a rebate along the edges of the ripped part of each door, so they will overlap a bit.   Final width will be taken from the outside edges.    After that, we'll see....
Waiting on glue to dry..door #1

Door #2 is waiting to be trimmed and glued up..

Added cauls to keep things flat....less plane work..

Now I have to wait on the glue to cure....stay tuned..

Well, Door#1 is out of the clamps, and needed an edge jointed...

That Stanley No. 8 I recently fixed up seems to be doing it's job..

Once this edge was  straight, and saw-mark free, I could set up another type of plane..
Stanley No.45, Type 20 SW......The fence is set below the cutter...

As the cutter was a little too wide.   Easier to just set the fence, when making a few of these..

being a busy day, again.    I hear a couple Guinness Draughts calling me name......ice cold ones, at that.  

"Time, Gentlemen, Please!"

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool Cool

Door #1.....
Took a couple tries to size it to the opening.  Squared one end, haul it upstairs to the pantry....mark a cut line, saw the cut line.   Couple long hand planes to flatten the glue-lines.    A block plane to ease the corners...haul it back upstairs........it fits! Winkgrin

Decided to install the hinges...

Top two were not that bad to do....but that third hinge Uhoh

I can no longer work while kneeling on me knees....went and got a plastic table/stool from the patio.    yep, soon as my rearend settled onto the "seat", it broke.   I fall backwards, hitting the corner of the Kitchen Island with me shoulder, on the way to the floor....( that's going to leave a mark... Uhoh )  Finally got back up off the floor,,,,went and got a regular chair that could hold me, and installed the third hinge.  Hmmm, thought I bought 6 hinges....why do I only count 4? No  Senior moment?   means another trip to the BORG for two more hinges Angry been that kind of a day..

Ok, went back to the shop, had to keep moving, lest things stiffen up.  Cleared the top of the bench..

Marked a line to cut the last 1x 10 to length.    Somehow cut it without any foulups....decided which edge would be best to glue to, and ran the jointer for a bit..

Shoulder seemed to like running the 0-7  better than the No. 8 Stanley....tried both, anyway. 
Had to clean the nozzle on the bottle of glue, before I could glue things up..

Added the three cauls to keep things level at the glue line....one of them days..

One of the clamps for the cauls was too long, I couldn't get my fat body through there.  Grrr, went and found a welding"C" clamp instead of the visegrip clamp.   Now I can get through, past the washer, and out of the shop....think I will just sit for a while.....maybe a cold one, or two? Winkgrin
Once the glue cures out, I can do all the things I did to Door #1, have to remember which side the rebate goes on.    Maybe get a package of hinges, too?  

Just one of them days....
Thanks for the build-along ... I am really enjoying it!