Help I.D. this Plane
Looking for help identifying this block plane. No makers mark on any parts except for Stanley blade.
[Image: fullsizeoutput_2306.jpeg]
[Image: IMG_4958.jpg]
You got me, but it's interesting as hell.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
More Pictures.
[Image: IMG_4959.jpg]
[Image: fullsizeoutput_2307.jpeg]
Maybe look up and see if Chaplin did block planes?     Looks about like his style of  work...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Check out this site and article....

http://eaiainfo.org/2016/12/26/copy-cat-...odel-shop/

People are notorious for fiddling with tools. I think that's what happened to your ..... (can I say?) Victor.
My block plane measures exactly 7 1/16" long by 1 15/16" wide and has indents on the outside of the plane like the Victor model and a tight mouth maybe an 1/8" wide with no damage.

Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile
Smile

But, sadly, difficult to revert to the original species. A lot like my dog; pure, loveable--don't tell him that--mongrel.
Might be from when Leonard was working for himself, after a big fight with Stanley Tools......he went off on his own  for a few years,  Victor  was one of the line of planes he came up with.     maybe in the 1880s?

L. Bailey & Co. # 0 1/2 Originals had a large knob in the "lever cap", with 'VICTOR" cast into it. The "0" series had that flared sides, the #1 and #2 had straight sides, and adjustable mouths.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that