How does Corian sand?
(05-27-2017, 04:21 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: If you can wait till tomorrow ill do a few cuts on a scrap piece and post pics. 
That would be great, Ropbert
I was thinking of scribing a line, to sand to.
The edge is 1` 1/4" thick.
(05-28-2017, 08:52 AM)Pirate3 Wrote: That would be great, Ropbert

Give me a little bit and i will go make the cuts and pics. Started the smoker last night and the briskit went on at 2am. Miserable weather here the last few days. 

Take a look at that temp and humidity then look at the time.... We cant move from here fast enough...

[Image: 20170528_023151_zpsmdbyup5f.jpg]
(05-28-2017, 08:52 AM)Pirate3 Wrote: That would be great, Ropbert

Ok here you go. This corian was left overs from a wendys remodel. The jig saw cut beautifully, easy, fast and very clean. The multi tool blade wasn't as nice however that blade was used on drywall. Too tired to swap blades. 

[Image: 20170528_133457_zps9zgtj4mp.jpg]

Right is the jig saw cut. 

[Image: 20170528_133506_zps8dnezq9b.jpg]

The blades i used. Walmart clearanced those bostich blades for a buck a pack and i bought every one. They are the same blade under the dewalt name. 

Now for the woodworking content... Two briskits smoked with cherry,oak and mesquite. Just added the 10 pounds of sausage... 

[Image: 20170528_112050_zps5lldnkcc.jpg]
Robert. Thanks for the test cuts. Looks like I should clamp a straight edge, and jigsaw as much as possible, and use multi tool for the rest.
(05-29-2017, 06:40 AM)Pirate3 Wrote: Robert. Thanks for the test cuts. Looks like I should clamp a straight edge, and jigsaw as much as possible, and use multi tool for the rest.

Thats what i woukd do. Was very impressed with the jigsaw cut. With its bigger and real shaped teeth it shaves the plastic where as the teeth on the multitool are point shaped and dont have as good of a cutting geometry  (for plastic anyway) 

Also the jig saw blade actually left a nicer cut than a circular saw blade.
Once you get it cut you can sand it starting with 100 grit and work up