For Those of You Who Line Your Vise Faces with Leather...
Thanks for the help, folks! It's funny, because the leather on the chop is doing just fine. It's just peeling off on the one side. I'm probably going to try turning it around and gluing the rough side to the bench and see what happens. If it comes off again, I'll spring for some better leather. I do also think I'll try beveling the edge of the leather once it's stuck on there. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
The best glue for leather is Barge Cement. Apply it to both surfaces, allow to dry, then put the surfaces together.
Yep.  Mind the gap.  Beveling the top edge and a liberal slathering of glue up there is what solved the same issue for me. Anything you can do to avoid the smallest initial bits from getting in to the seam at the top is what you are trying to do.
Just a thought

Why not have it longer by say an inch on both sides and nail it in two places on each side.  That way the ends will not come undone.  Also what would happen if you used two pieces of leather with the first one nailed all along the top and bottom and then glue another piece to that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Benchcrafted Crubber works very well...better than leather at gripping the workpiece.
I agree with Derek it looks like the leather is coming apart.

My recommendation is get some new leather.  The thicker the better.

I used PVA glue a corner is starting to come loose.

Doing it again, I would use contact cement.

Always glue the smooth side it will stick better plus the rough side out for best gripping.