Grizzly T10113 - Universal Overarm Blade Guard
Looks like a nice system! I have a blast gate on my Excalibur that I set at almost half open to address the issue of too much suction at the saw insert. I still get all the dust that the system is capable of getting, without danger of the insert or small cutoffs being sucked up from the saw.
Found this to be an interesting thread as I am not entirely satisfied with the overarm dust collection on my Saw Stop ICS.

I found that Saw Stop will offer a similar unit --the "Floating Dust Collection Guard", http://www.sawstop.com/new-options

According to an E-mail from Saw Stop, the MSRP, specification, etc.,  should be available late this month/early July.
Well there is the Excalibur in black instead of yellow.
Smile
Lee
TeeTomTerriffic: please check your private message. Thanks
(06-01-2017, 11:31 AM)teetomterrific Wrote: Well help me out here. I cannot find any other designs that are actually available other than the Penn State overarm guard and it's design is weak in my opinion. The EXAKTOR Overarm Dusthood is no longer available anywhere I can find. The 50-EXBC10 Excalibur seems to be unavailable since General International bought the brand. The Shark Guard is not an overarm guard but rather a splitter mounted guard for my unisaw. What am I missing from this lineup. If there are other options I sure want to investigate them before making a purchase decision so any recommendations for alternatives that are actually available and have sufficient CFM airflow to not be a disappointment.

Saw Stop just took over the Excalibur brand of overarm dust collectors.  The new one they have out now is the model #TSG-FDC and looks exactly like the Excalibur one.  Here is the website for it too -- http://www.sawstop.com/saw-options/dust-...on#options  -- Rockler is one of the online retailers as well as WoodCraft is too.  Best of luck!
(06-15-2017, 06:49 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Found this to be an interesting thread as I am not entirely satisfied with the overarm dust collection on my Saw Stop ICS.

I found that Saw Stop will offer a similar unit --the "Floating Dust Collection Guard", http://www.sawstop.com/new-options

According to an E-mail from Saw Stop, the MSRP, specification, etc.,  should be available late this month/early July.

Yes you are correct and that is available now for ordering.  I actually called them today as I wanted to get the old Excalibur but I heard from a buddy of mine that this is the replacement for it.
(10-12-2017, 05:19 PM)Johnny Currado Wrote: Saw Stop just took over the Excalibur brand of overarm dust collectors.  The new one they have out now is the model #TSG-FDC and looks exactly like the Excalibur one.  Here is the website for it too -- http://www.sawstop.com/saw-options/dust-...on#options  -- Rockler is one of the online retailers as well as WoodCraft is too.  Best of luck!

Saw one of these for the first time this week on a stop at Woodcraft here in Seattle. I like the dust collection guard on my SS but I have to remove it for narrow cuts or non-through cuts, or, more often, when I want to use my sled. This looks like possibly a better solution--just keep the riving knife attached all the time and swing this up and out of the way for non-through cuts. Not sure if my crosscut sled would interfere with it though.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" Arthur 'Big Guy' Carlson
(05-30-2017, 06:28 AM)teetomterrific Wrote: Does anyone own the Grizzly T10113 - Universal Overarm Blade Guard I'd be interested in a review. 

[Image: t10113.jpg]
I have several Grizzly stuff and I trust their engineering. I had an Excalibur and the base was inferior to this one. If it works in your shop, go for it and enjoy.
I would like to see hoe it all comes together for you.
Jim