Washer backs up into kitchen sink, but sink seems to drain fine.
  Re: Washer backs up into kitchen sink, but sink seems to drain fine. by bennybmn (Ever since we moved ...)
(07-20-2017, 04:16 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I do the kitchen clean up after dinner.  One reason I do that is to limit what goes down the drain.  I've cleaned out enough drains in my lifetime.

+1

"My mortgage self-identifies as a student loan."
... Kizar Sozay

Neil Summers Home Inspections
  Re: Washer backs up into kitchen sink, but sink seems to drain fine. by bennybmn (Ever since we moved ...)
we had the plumber do it last time, he put in repair fittings so it might not be that hard to do a second time.  But I think I will.  $250 well spent, probably wouldn't be as much next time since the repair fittings are already in place.  We started composting, so the old ritual of my wife putting a few pounds of vegetable clippings down the disposal is all done with.  Sort of amazing how long it took us to clog the drain.
I don't have a disposal, so the drain screen gets used all the time! Convincing someone that "the way my mom did it" isn't actually a valid argument that something is correct is the hard part.

My parents have a disposal (much more common in VT, I don't think I've seen one yet on Long Island) and they apparently had an epic clog a few months ago, 25 years after the house was built. From the far too detailed description of the late night adventure in the basement my mom gave me, I'm glad I wasn't nearby.
Benny