Pella Patio Door
Hi all,

after forty years of opening and closing sliding door, the seal between the glass has broken and has affected the clarity of panes...

instead of replacing the unit, does pella sell the sliding door and/or two sealed pieces of glass to fit..

thanks in advance for your input...

windr
No idea if Pella sells it separately. Same thing happend to me with a different brand (Hurd). It was a four panel french door. 

I removed one of the fogged panels, went to a local glass shop and they had them fabricated....double paned, sealed. They did not offer high tech, Low-E or other variations. It was ten years ago, I know I paid less than $100 per unit.  Hurd wanted to sell me new windows and doors for about $2500.
Lowes is a Pella rep for certain Pella lines. The door was probably a Pella Pro-Line (nice door). Look in the corners of the glass for a serial number. The serial number label is either in the upper left or right, between the glass or attached to the door panel right above the handle. It's somewhere. You'll need the serial number to date the door. Lowes should be able to order a new panel. If they can't, a local rep should be able to. I just ordered parts for a Pella window at Lowes, I was surprised they had it in their system. The guy pulled it right up. It took few weeks to get.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Pella will probably re glaze it but they'll charge you $75 just to show up and look. You could call a local hlasss shop. We have two stores here that'd do it.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
I have a different question but it has to do with Pella and sliding doors.  I am looking at the 25 Series with built in shades for use in a rental.  The salesman says its the best thing ever, then says the same thing about the Milgard which is about double the price.  I am leaning towards the Milgard because of the no questions warranty and placement in a rental.  So has anyone had experience with either that had built in blinds?  I don't care for sliders myself but that is what the house has and it needs replacing.  I am fairly tired of changing out the vertical blinds every time a rental turns over and I like the clean look of them inside the glass.
[Image: 748171613369_04370240.jpg]
https://www.lowes.com/pd/ThermaStar-by-P...or/3191521

I can't find a picture of a Milgard with blinds.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

My son has the Pella architectural casement windows in his house with the built in blinds. I'm not sure if that's the same system you are referring to as these are horizontal and sit behind a third pane that opens up so everything is accessible. But yes, they function well and look very nice.
(06-05-2017, 09:54 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have a different question but it has to do with Pella and sliding doors.  I am looking at the 25 Series with built in shades for use in a rental.  The salesman says its the best thing ever, then says the same thing about the Milgard which is about double the price.  I am leaning towards the Milgard because of the no questions warranty and placement in a rental.  So has anyone had experience with either that had built in blinds?  I don't care for sliders myself but that is what the house has and it needs replacing.  I am fairly tired of changing out the vertical blinds every time a rental turns over and I like the clean look of them inside the glass.
[Image: 748171613369_04370240.jpg]
https://www.lowes.com/pd/ThermaStar-by-P...or/3191521

I can't find a picture of a Milgard with blinds.

Personally on a rental i would be putting in a single hinged door witha fixed panel. Much mkre reliable. Sliders  are a pain in actual use and get abused.
It wouldn't fit the style of the house.  I was considering French doors but they have their own set of issues.  This door is from 89 if the new one lasts that long I may or may not
Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(06-06-2017, 11:02 AM)Bob10 Wrote: It wouldn't fit the style of the house.  I was considering French doors but they have their own set of issues.  This door is from 89 if the new one lasts that long I may or may not
Laugh

Gotcha. Im not a fan of sliders unless its electric... Too much of a hassle going in and out. Stick with any of the brands out there just dont buy the cheap line of any of them and you should be fine. That said i have installed a few of the lowes and depot instock ones and they arent bad but they are a little more finneky to install than the old aluminum ones. The vinyl is flexible and needs more support and susceptible to moving when screw tightening.
I'm an architect and currently Pella only uses Low E glass in all of their insulated panels. The Low E is a bit different in color due to the Low E coating, so just a heads up if your other home windows are older Pella's they are most likely clear glass, so you might see a subtle color difference.
Eric