Sharpening deal..... Not Really
Back in March, I ordered an Atoma 400 diamond plate from a seller on Amazon for $44.01 with free slow shipping from Japan.  I didn't pay much attention to the order for awhile, because I knew it was going to take weeks for delivery.  When I finally checked my Amazon Acct., the item showed as delivered when it hadn't been. I e-mailed the seller to provide additional info, but haven't heard back.

The interesting point is that at the time the item description was Atoma.  When I click on the item from my order it brings me to the current listing where the brand is now "generic" and the seller that I purchased from is no longer one of the sellers of the item.  

Of course the feedback for the current "Generic" brand has the feedback from when the brand was Atoma with more than one feedback refrencing the plate as Atoma.

I e-mailed Amazon concerning the lack of delivery, and the discrepancy that the Atoma feedback was now being used for the generic branded product.  Amazon issued a refund within 24 hours.  The feedback remains the same.
My .02
Karl

they mix and match products all the time.  It makes the reviews really worthless on some items.  The one time it bit me, I searched for AAA batteries, but if you selected qty. 10, it was AA batteries.  So that's what I ordered without noticing.  Annoying.
We all like bargains online, but there is still something to be said for brick and mortar that allows you to fondle the item.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
When something like that is offered for less than half the market rate, my antennas go up.  LV sells the Atoma 400 for $109.  Stu Tierney (Schtoo - Tools From Japan) sells it for about $80 (8900 Yen).  At least you got your money back. Maybe other folks can learn the lesson before they get scammed.  You know the old saying:  If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I rarely buy anything from Amazon unless Amazon is going to be shipping it themselves.  My only exception is items that come directly from the manufacturer. Having them as a middleman is only good for the refunds, which is something, I suppose.
This  ^^^^^^
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
One thing I have run into, with dealers that are also 'brick-and-mortar' is I get picked through crap more often than not. What ships are the dregs.