I'm finally a statistic
Is the saw ok?  
Eek

Winkgrin
I am so sorry to hear this, it only takes a second.
Steve K

(06-01-2017, 07:03 PM)badwhiskey Wrote: What's a table saw?
It's that flat thing next to your lathe where you keep your spare chucks and sanding disks.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
I do a lot of f**t work, so I bought a S**S**p. It helps, but now the bandsaw is looking kind of mean.

Get we'll soon!
VH07V  
Overall I think your average of years and number of board feet to cuts is pretty darn good.Wishing you the best with the healing and take care.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(06-01-2017, 03:29 PM)Angus Wrote:  I let deadlines for orders get to me, now it will be a long time before I can get anything done.

Exactly, how it happened to my buddy! He had to have the spindles to the builder the next day. He called me on the way to the hospital and asked if I could finish them up. I was puckered up tight finishing those... nothing like running a tablesaw with blood all over it.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I'm sorry to see that.
I've been injured twice in about 25 years.  Once I got too close to my bandsaw blade and nicked the tendon on the back of my thumb.  I still keep that one in mind every time I run it.  The second time was just a few weeks ago.  I had a weird kick back on the outside of my table saw blade.  The off cut flew back and caught me under the chin.  The piece flew so fast I never even saw it.   That was good for about 4 stitches.  It could have been far worse.  I'm still not 100% certain how it happened.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Rodney
I am sympathizing with you. Took the tips off 3 middle fingers left hand on Easter weekend. Good news largely healed now (they do regrow quick), but as others (and my hand surgeon) pointed out, they will "look diffrent' in the future. Like you, this happened doing something I've done (gotten away with?) dozens of times before.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

John
Here's to fast healing and getting back into the shop.
 Best of luck on the speedy recovery.
Tim
Sorry to hear this. Take care and get well soon!