Cub Cadet Mower differences
(06-05-2017, 11:35 AM)Robert Adams Wrote:         Thats for the GTs not the riding mowers,riders are non servicable. I havent seen anyone with a GT newer than the 1980s models. They just dont sell here, everyone goes right to a commercial ztr.  That or for a few $ more go with a small tractor.  Even when i worked at a friends mower shop years ago you never saw a GT other than the ones with that big techumseh OHV engine, was about a 3' tall engine and had a bad head design.

They are very common around here and pretty much every manufacturer still makes them. Also the price between a GT and a sub compact is much more than a few $. Typically 2-3X cost.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
(06-05-2017, 03:01 PM)Cub_Cadet_GT Wrote: They are very common around here and pretty much every manufacturer still makes them. Also the price between a GT and a sub compact is much more than a few $. Typically 2-3X cost.

Here its go big or go home...   So many here would go straight to a tractor because if a rider wasnt enough then a gt wouldnt do it either. Used to be lots of farms here so there was no shortage of tractors for sale. I keep looking for the right older cub GT to restore. I see a few here and there but usually way over priced and you cant find any attachments for them. Id really like one with a tiller.
it's possible though that they are different slightly as some said. i know for snowblowers this is true because my neighbor and i have the exact same cub cadet snow blower, a 3x model. he got his at BB and it has a plastic chute and my mine is an all metal chute from the dealer. subtle difference but he broke his going through deep snow this past winter and mine was fine in the same drift. i typically always buy this type of equipment from the dealers because there is a reason BB stores get their prices down and for a $100 or so more i'd much rather support the dealers anyway.